SAP ABAP course is designed for beginners and application consultants with appropriate IT know-how.
You will learn about the SAP ABAP programming language, and also how to use the SAP ABAP workbench tools to develop your own business applications. You well get trained to enhance the standard SAP software to meet specific customer requirements. This course also covers the advantages of the client/server architecture for programming, performance issues, procedures and special features of development projects.
SAP Learning Hub
The student edition of SAP Learning Hub is a learning portal that provides students with access to comprehensive range of content on SAP Solutions. Through SAP Learning Hub, Students can get ready for employment along with the chosen career path within the vast SAP ecosystem, including preparing to pass SAP Certification exams. With a wide range of high-quality content and optional live access to training systems from SAP, students will be able to learn when and where they choose. The hub offers a personalized environment with user-specific data and a learning history linked to student login information.
Student is expected to start preparatory course like SAP ERP business process basics & Navigation/ Introduction to Solution Manager etc through Learning Hub before the course commencement.
TAW 10 ABAP Workbench Fundamentals
- Understand the SAP NetWeaver AS fundamentals
- Work with the ABAP Workbench tools
- Write simple ABAP programs
- Understand the ABAP Dictionary
- Development consultant
- Programming experience in another programming language
Course based on software release
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4
SAP NetWeaver Application Server fundamentals:
- SAP Systems and SAP Applications Portfolio
- SAPGUI and navigation in AS ABAP systems
- System Core
- Communication and integration technologies
ABAP Workbench Foundations:
- ABAP program processing
- ABAP Workbench tools
- ABAP language basics, Open SQL
- Modularization techniques
- Complex data objects, structures and internal tables
- Data modeling and data retrieval
- Classic ABAP reports
- Program analysis tools
- Program calls and memory management
- Domains, data elements, structures
- Transparent tables, pool tables and cluster tables
- Input checks
- Dictionary object dependencies
- Changes in table structure
- Search helps
Classical UI programming:
- Selection screens
- Screens (dynpros)
TAW 11 ABAP Details
This course will prepare you to:
- Understand ABAP language foundation and evolution
- Describe statements, functions and expressions for simple data
- Understand Open SQL
- Understand Database Update techniques in the SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP environment
- Develop ABAP programs using the SAP List Viewer (ALV)
- Developer Consultant
- TAW10 (or relevant courses) or relevant working experience in ABAP
Course based on software release
- ECC6.0 EHP8 SP00/NW 7.5 SP01
ABAP Language Foundation and Evolution
- Moving from Statements to Expressions and Functions
- Using Data Type and Data objects
- Selecting Data from a Single Database Table with Open SQL
Statements, Functions, and Expressions for Simple Data
- Using Numeric Data Types in Arithmetic Expressions
- Explain Statements for Processing Character Strings and Byte Strings
- Processing Character Strings and Byte Strings Using Functions and Expressions
- Using Standard, Sorted, and Hashed Tables
- Using Special Techniques with Internal Tables
- Using Table Functions and Expressions
- Using Data References and Field Symbols
ABAP Open SQL
- Using the Features of the New Open SQL Syntax
- Explaining Additional Techniques for Reading from Multiple Database Tables
Analysis and Testing
- Defining and Activating Checkpoints
- Using the ABAP Trace
- Using the SQL Trace
- Using the SQL Monitor
Database Updates with ABAP Open SQL
- Database Updates with ABAP Open SQL
Database Change Bundling
- Grouping Database Changes
- Creating Lock Objects and Lock Modules
- Setting and Releasing Locks
- Working with the Different Lock Modes
Organization of Database Updates
- Performing Database Changes from Within the Application Program
- Performing Database Changes Using the Update Technique
- Applying Further Features of the Update Technique
LUWs Across Multiple Programs
- Extending LUWs Across Multiple Programs
SAP List Viewer (ALV) Creation
- Using ALV functionality
- Preparing the container screen for an ALV Grid Control
- Displaying data using an ALV Grid
- Programming layout variant functionality in the ALV Grid
- Changing the layout of the ALV Grid
- Adapting the appearance of the ALV Grid
- Adapting the ALV Grid Control using the field catalog
ALV Events and Methods
- Handling events of the ALV Grid Control
- Handling additional events of the ALV Grid
- Calling additional methods of the ALV Grid
- Implementing context menus for the ALV Grid
TAW 12 ABAP Workbench Concepts
- Write object oriented programs with ABAP
- Understand the techniques in enhancements and modifications
- Create simple Web Dynpro for ABAP applications
- Development consultant
- TAW10 ABAP Basics or relevant working experience in ABAP
Course based on software release
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Fundamental Object-Oriented syntax
- Inheritance and casting
- Interfaces and casting
- Global Classes and Interfaces
- Exception handling
- ABAP Object-Oriented examples – ALV and BAdIs
- Abstract classes, factory methods, singletons
- Shared Objects and shared memory areas
- Generic data types
- Field symbols and data references
- Runtime Type Identification (RTTI)
- Runtime Type Creation (RTTC)
Enhancements and modifications:
- Adjustment of SAP Standard Software
- Enhancing Dictionary elements
- Customer Exits
- Business Add Ins (BAdIs)
- Modifications of the SAP standard applications
- Implicit and Explicit Enhancements
Fundamentals of Web Dynpro for ABAP
- Web Dynpro Components, Windows and Views
- Web Dynpro Controllers
- Web Dynpro Context
- Web Dynpro User Interface
- Controller and Context programming
- Certification test to become an SAP Certified Development Associate – ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.4
Who Should Attend
- Proficiency in one of the Programming Languages like C, C++, JAVA, SQL.
- Professional qualification: preferably B.E./B.Tech/MCA/MBA/BSCIT/BSC CO.SCI
- Preferably below 40 years of age group
VLC - Virtual Classroom Training
Get Trained By SAP India Expert trainers – Virtual Classroom Training
With virtual live classroom training you get comprehensive training from SAP experts using seamless over-the Web connectivity. The same content delivered in SAP’s traditional ‘brick and mortar’ classrooms is presented during virtual live classroom deliveries. As in SAP’s traditional classrooms, SAP virtual live classroom stresses hands-on learning providing each registered student with exclusive access to live SAP systems throughout each course.
Virtual live training allows you to:
• Access a live instructor for the complete duration of the course
• Get longer daily access to SAP servers for hands-on activities than in traditional SAP classrooms.
• Interact with classmates from around the country for a more interactive learning experience.
SAP E-Academies represent SAP Education’s most preferred learning program, offering comprehensive training in a convenient and cost effective manner for working professionals who are unable to devote time for full time training. The program consists of about 200 Hours of computer based, on-line training sessions. The participant can complete the program at his/ her own pace in a time span of about 3 months. The program engages students worldwide, increasing their access to SAP solutions, careers and opportunities.
- Online Learning Content
The academy course content is delivered in an e-learning format consisting of presentation slides with audio commentary, system demonstration/practice simulations, slide notes, and mentor tips. This flexible format allows students to learn on their own and at their own pace and repeat lessons, if required, throughout the access period.
- SAP Training Systems
Hands-on experience with SAP systems is a key component of SAP E-Academy training. Whether repeating a demonstration shown in the e-learning content, performing a hands-on exercise from the student manual, or just testing a process scenario from their own business experience, the student can use the live training systems to reinforce the learning lessons.
- Student Manuals
Each registered student will receive access to the academy course manual.
- Help Desk Support
SAP E-Academies feature asynchronous help desk support throughout your learning access period, with all queries being answered within 24 hours, Monday-Friday. Students get technical support for their learning environment as well as the use of FAQs and “Ask the Expert” features which are part of the content delivery infrastructure. On-line support is available via web conferencing, and scheduled expert instructor sessions.
As a working professional, we understand that work takes priority & getting leave to peruse a training program to enhance your career can be a challenging task in a highly competitive working environment, to overcome this challenge VACS now introduces a faculty driven training program delivered only on Sundays … so that you can achieve the career goal set by you. Course delivery details as follows
Sundays :10 to 6 Classroom training with Trainer
Monday to Saturday: Practice session between 9am to 9pm
Duration :12 Weeks.
Certification & Exams
To help you drive the most value from certification opportunities, SAP offers multi-tiered certification paths for specific subjects. The Search Catalogue box above has been pre-filtered for certification exams, to make it easier for you to find the Certification you need.
Associate certification – This certification covers the fundamental knowledge requirements for an SAP consultant, ensuring the successful acquisition of broad SAP solution knowledge and skills. With associate-level certification, you can:
- Gain an externally-recognized mark of excellence that clients seek
- Differentiate yourself in a crowded marketplace
- Execute your tasks with confidence and skill
An Associate Exam usually consists of 80 Multiple Choice, Multiple response and Matching (pull-down) questions and answers. Candidates have a maximum of 3 hours to complete.
Skills enhancement path of SAP ABAP Consultant
SAP ABAP certified consultant can also upgrade his/her career by switching to SAP HANA-High-Performance Analytic Appliance/ BI- Business Intelligence/PI- Process Integration.
SAP HANA (High-Performance Analytic Appliance)
SAP HANA is another initiative from SAP for high performance real time database data processing. In SAP HANA, data resides in RAM than the traditional physical disk storage. So the time taken to process even the large amount of data is extremely low. This technology is known as in-memory computing (data resides in memory for computing).
SAP BI Business Intelligence
SAP BI enables the business to make intelligent, fact-based decisions. It helps to aggregate, present and enrich data thus enabling the authorities to make an informed decision. Decisions are fact-based and data-driven. The business determines the “what”, BI enables the “how”. It minimizes report creation and collection times (near zero).
In today’s world, IT landscape for any business typically consists of a mesh of several integrated applications such as ERP CRM, SRM, and BPC etc. To handle the complexities of integration of such varied applications, SAP introduced PI (Process Integration) as a platform to provide a single point of integration for all systems without touching existing complex network of applications. This is a powerful middleware by SAP to provide seamless end to end integration between SAP and non-SAP applications inside and outside the corporate boundary.
VACS offers great opportunity for students to broaden their knowledge beyond their field of studies within an international multicultural environment. Due to its mega diversity of cultures it makes the place interesting, exciting and vibrant.
Since the first day I came to VACS, I met across only energy and enthusiasm. The staff and faculty at VACS are top rate. They want their students to do well in life. The premium SAP MM training institute offers many opportunities for their students and ensure student’s get the required help.
MM, VACS TECHNOLOGY
My decision to quit my job, take a break and then enroll in the SAP HR training course was not easy to make. The thoughts of no salary for some time, academics, teachers, and lectures were a little frightening. Thanks to the faculty members who made classes fun and informative. Getting placed at VACS Technology was again a fortunate outcome.
HR, VACS TECHNOLOGY
Since the starting of the SAP FI course at VACS, my life has been full of excitement and inspiration. The knowledge I received at VACS has given me the confidence to do well in my professional life.
FI, LODHA GROUP
I have thoroughly enjoyed my SAP SD training at VACS. The faculty, flexibility and facilities present are unmatched.
Niharika Jagdish Misra
SAP SD, CAPGEMINI
Once I had decided that, I was going to pursue SAP training, I considered many training centers. After going through the prospectus and website information, I felt that the course curriculum at VACS was best. And, today when I am placed in a repurtable organization like Borosil, I confirm that I was right.